The National Whistleblower Center’s (NWC) recently launched End-of-Year Campaign, Because of Whistleblowers, focuses on how whistleblowers have fought hard to uncover fraud and corruption. The NWC boasts a network of highly active supporters who help ensure that these whistleblowers are protected.
In 2016, this network of committed citizens sent tens of thousands of letters to Congress and other stakeholders on key whistleblower issues, including protecting civil rights, combating fraud, and preventing whistleblower retaliation.
You can learn more about NWC’s 2016 action alert campaigns, here:
- Protect Whistleblowers and Exposure of Automobile Safety Cover-ups by the Transportation Department;
- Defend the False Claims Act from Corporate Takeover;
- Reform the Broken FBI Whistleblower Program;
- Support the WARN Act for Wall Street Whistleblowers;
- Establish National Whistleblower Day to Honor Whistleblowers and Celebrate Transparency;
- Protect Wildlife Crime Whistleblowers;
- Pass the Criminal Antitrust Anti-Retaliation Act;
- Protect America’s Most Important Whistleblower Law; and
- Pass a National Whistleblower Protection Law.
The National Whistleblower Center (NWC) has an almost 30-year history of protecting the right of individuals to report wrongdoing without fear of retaliation. Interested in joining the fight? Here are some ways you can take action to support whistleblowers today:
- Join our Action Alert Network.
- Take action to support a national whistleblower law that closes the loopholes in current whistleblower protections.
- Donate now to drive the movement for whistleblowers.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook for more on the #BecauseOfWBs Campaign.