This survey of 1,152 adults was conducted September 11th through September 16th, 2020 by The Marist Poll. Adults 18 years of age and older residing in the United States were contacted on landline or mobile numbers and interviewed by telephone using live interviewers. Survey questions were available in English or Spanish. Mobile telephone numbers were randomly selected based upon a list of telephone exchanges from throughout the nation from Dynata. The exchanges were selected to ensure that each region was represented in proportion to its population. Mobile phones are treated as individual devices. After validation of age, personal ownership, and non-business- use of the mobile phone, interviews are typically conducted with the person answering the phone. To increase coverage, this mobile sample was supplemented by respondents reached through random dialing of landline phone numbers. Within each landline household, a single respondent is selected through a random selection process to increase the representativeness of traditionally under-covered survey populations.
The samples were then combined and balanced to reflect the 2017 American Community Survey 1-year estimates for age, gender, income, race, and region. Assistance was provided by Luce Research for data collection. Results are statistically significant within ±3.5 percentage points. There are 964 registered voters. The results for this subset are statistically significant within ±3.8 percentage points. There are 723 likely voters defined by a probability turnout model which determines the likelihood respondents will participate in the November 2020 election based upon their chance of vote, interest in the election, and past election participation. The results for this subset are statistically significant within ±4.3 percentage points. Tables include results for subgroups to only display crosstabs with an acceptable sampling error. It should be noted that although you may not see results listed for a certain group, it does not mean interviews were not completed with those individuals. It simply means the sample size is too small to report. The error margin was adjusted for sample weights and increases for cross- tabulations.
- The poll data and graphs are copyrighted material. If you republish survey results or graphs based on these results or create your own graphs based on the poll data, Attribution Required:
- Visually indicate that the content is from Whistleblower News Network in some way. It doesn’t have to be obnoxious; a discreet text blurb is fine.
- Hyperlink directly to the original question on the source site (e.g., https://whistleblowersblog.org/whistleblower-news-network-survey/)
- Hyperlink author name directly back to source site (e.g., https://www.whistleblowersblog.org/)
- Title: “Whistleblower News Network Survey”, Author: Whistleblower News Network, Source: Whistleblower News Network
Copyright © 2020, Whistleblower News Network. All Rights Reserved.